Anti-static wrist straps have come in the market. The anti-static bands or writs straps are used by the users who prefer to wear safety gear while using any electrical equipment.
These bands are a convenient method to prevent the imbalance of voltage while using the system. But, a common question that arises is how to use anti-static wrist strap laptop or where to attach anti-static wrist strap laptop.
It’s vital to focus on how they help you while using the laptop. Let’s get started!
Anti-Static Wrist Strap Laptop
It is a matter of the fact that you must’ve heard about technicians wearing the anti-static wrist straps. You can learn how to use them by watching videos online. There are many tutorials uploaded to help people out in planting straps. If we define it simply, the Basic purpose of straps is to prevent chances of damage. In the case of extra voltage production in the system, the voltage is dispersed.
It is commonly assumed by people that ESD straps are not that necessary for systems, which is a widely misconstrued assumption. There is no reliable method to protect the system from such damages. It is surely difficult to understand how to use the ESD straps. But once you develop an understanding of how to use it. It can be very helpful.
See Also: Best Gaming Laptop Under 1500
They are beneficial to use for both sensitive systems and utilized in a cost-effective manner. This helps you to deal with the issue of damaged items replacement caused due to ESD damages.
How to Use Anti-static Wrist Strap Laptop
Traditional Anti-Static Method
- Make sure to not stand on any surface that enhances electrostatic productivity. It is suggested to have a workbench designed for the system.
- Wear the use of a static strap directly on the body waist. Assure that the strap is free from any friction while you hold the clipper with it.
- You may see the clip, which is an alligator or a catcher on the other end of the wire that you can use to cling onto things while searching for the most exposed sections and areas of the system.
- Most of the middle-class or second-hand laptops that are made with plastic bodies require additional filling at the time of using these wrist straps. Well! The area is pointless; instead, try to lay it over the laptop’s steel or aluminum chassis.
- Make sure it stays put while you’re working; otherwise, it can slip off as the person change the position of their hand and the wrist or feet.
- Finally, retain your distance and attempt to be gentle with the laptop’s sensitive parts when repairing it.
Using Wrist Strap through Grounding Supply Method
This method necessitates the use of an independent power supply source and is far riskier than the previous method, necessitating extreme caution.
- Follow the procedure:
- Keep in mind the power isn’t connected to anything and that no electricity is flowing through it.
- Wear the latest static wristband and attach your quality alligator directly with the system supply at the metal end.
- The dual static wrist band can also be worn on your feet so that it does not obstruct you while working on the system.
- Switching on the electricity will balance and eliminate any electrical discharge that has built up in your body.
- You’re all set to get started on your tasks.
Using the Grounding Pin
It is the best option if the person has chosen to take a test before utilizing the dual static strap. This helps you confirm the approach and make sure that nothing goes wrong in the process.
See Also: Best Gaming Laptop Under 300
- Place either one of the two hands on the running laptop. Then touch the case of it with your other hand.
- Suppose you will have no indication of shock felt by you on the previous step. The further process will require removing the case. If there is still no case, your strap is working just fine!
- You can also try checking with the help of a small LED light. This LED light is in front of your laptop. If you see it turned on; your strap is fine to go with.
- Always take extreme care while handling the anti-static straps, especially if the person has a pacemaker installed in the body.
What You Must Not Wear with Wrist-ground Strap
You may experience several specific scenarios in which the strap will go around the wrist, or it cannot easily stay on your wrist.
- If you employ any sort of medical equipment, then it is suggested to avoid using the strap.
- If you’re operating at high electricity consumption and the risk of electrocution is a concern, then you should not wear this strap.
- Need not utilize this static wrist strap Even if the chances of high risk of electric shock.
Testing for Anti-Static Warming
Before you decide on working on the laptop, make sure that the strap itself is in the perfect condition to work with. But how will you make sure of it?
- A simple test can be of great help in this case. You can conduct this assumption with the help of your hands on the laptop.
- Another approach to double-check this is to see if the light indicator will be triggered on the screen of the system or the laptop has switched on.
- If it’s switched on, your wrist strap, which is anti-static, operates properly, and you shouldn’t be concerned.
- When you touch the laptop’s case, the person has no feeling of system electricity concern feel on the screen through you if everything is in order.
Whether it be the manufacturing or warehousing departments, they are all equally in need of both computers and their damage control methods.
See Also: Best Laptop for Realtors
There is always a chance of ESD events occurring. One of the effective ways is to make sure that your ESD methods are rightly implemented is to utilize these wrist straps. They are designed specifically to work on the damages and prevent them.
We focused on the process and the requirements that everyone needs to follow on how the person can utilize it.
Faizan Ali is a Master in Computer Sciences and has been writing content for computing, gaming and mobile technologies since 2016. He has written content for number of online magazines, websites and blogs and now writes for “the buyers trend”. Feel free to contact him for any sort of writing for your technology related blog, website or magazine.